We are looking to add three board members to our diverse range of leaders to help propel the Annie Parker Foundation (APF) to the forefront of cancer awareness and support organizations, through the curation of special events and initiatives.
Reporting to Co-chairs, Annie Parker and Samira Rehman, you will help build the strategy around media relations, business development, PR, event planning, marketing and communication. Each board member will direct and oversee the work of an intern to ensure strategies are successfully executed and objectives are met.
- Developing strategies to heighten brand profile and recognition, and grow partnership opportunities.
- Establish a strategy for articulating and communicating externally the public profile of the APF, working closely with the co-chairs to develop a business framework for staff ensuring the company has a continually distinctive and positive profile.
- Develop strategies to raise the APF’s profile, leveraging and assessing new opportunities to build reputation outside of traditional timelines and vehicles.
- Constantly advocate effectively and compellingly for APF programming and projects and build knowledge of and respect for APF
- Help update the business plan with short and long-term market segmentation plans for retaining past and present audiences and developing new ones
- Identify new areas for marketing partnership development aligned with the organization’s vision, values and identity that can benefit fund-raising efforts
- Remain up to date with technologies for improving marketing and sales business functions
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant and progressive senior-level experience
- Proven successful experience in building an organization’s brand identity through strategic planning and execution
- Exceptional track record in planning and communicating marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and e-marketing programs
- Solid background and confidence in deploying large, complex initiatives in a continually evolving environment
- Experience and presentational confidence in corporate sponsorship sales
- Exceptional project management skills and experience
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team
- Extensive knowledge of best audience development practices
- Evidenced experience in budgeting, financial forecasting and cost control.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent, basic computer literacy and solid command of all Microsoft office applications including, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.
- A provenly skilled strategic thinker, confident and capable in analyzing and communicating complex issues, with advice skills
- Articulate and compelling, with high level team-building skills
- Strong, experienced organizational management skills: confidently comfortable with fast-changing detail but always seeing detail through a strategic, mission-led lens
- A practical problem solver and strategic thinker, consistently able to react nimbly and effectively to the unexpected
- Ability to work well and take responsibility under pressure independently, as a member of a leadership team, and as a leader of staff
- comfortable directing a team and resolving issues by quick hands-on action.
- Results-oriented, disciplined personality with a collegial management approach and impeccable integrity
- A great sense of humour
Board members meet once every two months for a two hour board meeting. Approaching an event, meetings maybe more frequent; day of events it is all hands on deck. Most of the collaboration (sometimes board meetings) happens virtually, so it is imperative you have a solid grasp on basic computer skills and applications, (email, Skype, etc.)
Board members sign on for a minimum of 1 full year.
This is a volunteer position.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application by emailing your résumé to: email@example.com, mark “BOARD MEMBER” in the subject line.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.